It’s hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner! Is it just me, or did this year kinda just fly by?! LOL!
I love this time of year though. It’s so much fun decorating our home with the Christmas tree and lights and of course, holiday shopping! But, most of all, one of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking up fun and creative holiday goodies.
My boys love to help in the kitchen, and this is the absolute best time to get the kids involved. There are so many yummy things to bake, from cookies to dessert bars! So fun!
This year, we decided to make brownies – but with a twist! Easy Christmas Tree Brownies! These are super easy to make. Instead of making the recipe from scratch, I saved some time and used box brownie mix. Talk about convenience!
If you’re busy like me, you know this is huge! Grab the kids and let them help mix up the batter. Once mixed, pour batter onto a baking sheet and bake.
Let the brownies cool completely before using a tree-shaped cookie cutter to carve out the Christmas tree shapes.
Decorate with holiday-colored frosting and sprinkles, and ENJOY! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Have a Merry Christmas!
Easy Christmas Tree Brownies
- 1 box Brownie Mix
- 1 tub white vanilla icing
- Green food coloring
- Holiday-themed sprinkles
- Christmas tree-shaped cookie cutter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions and spread onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until done.
- Allow brownies to completely cool before removing them from the baking sheet. Use a tree-shaped cookie cutter to carve out the Christmas tree shapes.
- For the decorations: Spoon out approximately ½ of the tub of icing into a bowl. Add in the green food coloring until you're happy with the color. Spoon the green icing into a zip lock bag. Seal the bag and cut off a small corner of the bag with sharp scissors.
- Starting at the top of the brownie triangles, gently squeeze out the icing in a zigzag pattern as you go down the tree. Add your favorite sprinkles & Enjoy!