My boys LOVE noodles! We have pasta night at least one or two nights each week, at their request lol! I don’t mind it at all because pasta dishes are so quick to put together, such as this Creamy Spinach & Garlic Pasta.
This week I made this delicious Creamy Spinach & Garlic Pasta dish. The great thing about a recipe like this, is that you can add different types of veggies and the kids will still eat it all! Why? Because all they’re thinking about are the noodles and the creamy sauce lol, so everything else they eat along with it – is a bonus! Ha!
I love using recipes like this to add in extra nutrients I know they need. In this Creamy Spinach & Garlic Pasta recipe, I added in spinach, which has amazing nutritional benefits.
Did you know that spinach is super rich in vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K? These vitamins are essential for boosting immunity. You’ll also find iron, potassium, and calcium in spinach which is highly useful in hemoglobin production and brain development.
Spinach also acts as a natural laxative to help with digestion. So if you’re looking for a creative way to introduce new veggies to your kids, start here and add a new vegetable to your pasta dish each week. I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine did!
Creamy Spinach & Garlic Pasta
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup frozen spinach thawed & drained completely
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook noodles per the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and spinach, and set aside.
- In a large pot, on medium heat, melt the butter and add in the garlic. Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the pasta and the cream cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the milk. Stir and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the cream cheese mixture and milk start to form a creamy sauce. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!