Who doesn’t love pizza?? These Mini Zucchini Pizza Boats are delicious and pack so much healthy goodness!
Guess what, y’all? My kids have officially added a green veggie to their “LOVE” list! That lucky veggie is zucchini!! They were very skeptical to try it at first, not because of the taste but because of how it looked!
Yes seriously, lol! They were afraid because they thought that it looked weird! I can’t blame them because I had a similar phobia towards eggplant when I was their age! It was so huge and purple that I was convinced that it was an alien!! Okay, maybe not an alien, but I seriously thought it couldn’t be considered food!
Since I completely understood their hesitation, I decided to turn this “scary” veggie into Mini Zucchini Pizza Boats! They were super easy to make! I just sliced my zucchini lengthwise and added a little marinara sauce, mini pepperoni, and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese!
I baked them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes and they turned out great!! My kids didn’t even realize they were eating zucchini until about 3 bites into their meal! Lol! Give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out!
Mini Zucchini Pizza Boats
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup mini pepperoni slices
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each zucchini in half and slice each half into thin lengthwise pieces. Arrange on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste then brush a slightly heaping 1 Tbsp marinara sauce over each piece of zucchini.
- Sprinkle tops evenly with mozzarella cheese then top with pepperoni slices (placing them more near centers as the cheese will melt and spread). Bake in preheated oven for about 12 - 15 minutes (baking time will vary depending on how thick your zucchini are and how crisp/tender you want them).
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Enjoy!