This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MazolaHeartHealth #CollectiveBias
My kids absolutely LOVE fries! They could eat them every day if I let them! Since they are true “fry-lovers” I decided to give their favorite food a much-needed makeover and make these better-for-you Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries, made with Mazola® Corn Oil. I love using Mazola Corn Oil because it’s a much better-for-you option for my family. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.”
These Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries are easy to make and go with a lot of different meals. Sweet potatoes are considered more nutrient rich than regular potatoes and the sweetness of the sweet potato pairs perfectly with sea salt and pepper! To help make this recipe a yummy, better-for-you treat I made a few simple swaps! I used sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes and I chose to bake the fries instead of deep-frying them. I also used Mazola Corn oil instead of olive oil.
One of the great things about Mazola Corn Oil is that is has more cholesterol-blocking plant sterols than other cooking oils…four times more than olive oil and one and a half times more than canola oil. Clinical studies indicate that when consumed as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, plant sterols can help reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the gut. “A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.”
To make these Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries, start by peeling the sweet potatoes and cutting them into fry-shaped pieces; about ¼″ wide and ¼″ thick. Try to cut them into similarly sized pieces so the fries will bake evenly. Next, transfer the uncooked fries to a baking sheet and drizzle them with Mazola Corn Oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss until the fries are evenly coated in oil and bake for about 20-30 minutes or until crispy.
These Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries were sooo good and definitely rated kid-approved! It’s such a great substitute for regular fries and thanks to the Mazola Corn Oil, this recipe helped to provide my family with a few heart-healthy benefits too!
We like to serve these Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries with ketchup! What are some of your favorite dipping sauces?? Let me know in the comments below!
Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 medium-large sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- Optional spices: freshly ground black pepper or garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into fry-shaped pieces about ¼″ wide and ¼″ thick. Try to cut them into similarly sized pieces so the fries will bake evenly. Transfer the uncooked fries to a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the Mazola Corn Oil over the fries and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss until the fries are evenly coated in oil.
- Arrange the fries in a single layer and be careful not to overcrowd; otherwise they will never crisp up. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the fries with a metal spatula so they can cook on all sides. Bake for 10 or until the fries are crispy.
- If desired, toss the baked fries with black pepper and garlic powder, to taste. Serve warm and Enjoy!
Get more Mazola Corn Oil recipes here.