I’ll be the first to admit that sometimes kid lunches can get a bit boring. It’s so easy to get in a routine of packing PB&J, turkey, or ham sandwiches lol. You’re just doing what you know works, right? If you find yourself stuck in the repetitive lunch-packing rut, I’ve come to get you out! These 3 Kid-Approved Vegan Lunch Box Ideas are healthy, simple, and super easy.
Many people see the word ‘vegan’ and immediately think boring and flavorless. Eating vegan can be as flavorful and exciting as you make it! It definitely doesn’t mean boring. You’d be surprised the delicious meals you can prepare without the meat. Did you know that eating vegan meals even twice a week can provide great health benefits? Check them out here.
Benefits of Eating Vegan Twice a Week
- Do you suffer from asthma? Eating vegan meals reduces inflammation in your body. Also, more fiber helps improve lung function.
- Eating vegan or vegetarian can improve blood pressure, cholesterol and overall heart health.
- You can help the environment by eating vegan.
- A vegan or vegetarian diet can help save you money. With the rising costs of meat, eating vegan even twice a week can save a significant amount of money.
3 Kid-Approved Vegan Lunch Box Ideas
- Rice Cakes with Peanut Butter
This super easy lunch idea is packed with yummy goodness! Crispy rice cakes, celery, and fresh strawberries. Top the rice cakes with peanut butter or almond butter, chop one celery stalk, then cut strawberries in half. Done!
- Yummy Hummus Wraps
I absolutely love hummus! My boys do too! Put it in a wrap with a few cucumbers and it’s even more delicious! Add a side of pretzels, and juicy grapes to create this simple, healthy lunch.
- Chips and Salsa
You can’t go wrong with chips and salsa! You can make fresh salsa or store-bought. Pair with peppers and delicious blueberries! Yum!
Lunch will never be boring again! Let me know which one you’re going try. Enjoy!