These Yummy Chocolate Covered Bananas are a real treat! They are topped with a variety of toppings—from nuts, to shredded coconut to super fun sprinkles! They are a naturally gluten-free and the perfect after-school snack!
Thank you, Sprouts Farmers Market, for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
Back-to-school season is almost here, and I’m always looking for fun and healthy snack ideas or my kids! What about you? The first thing my boys want to do when they come home from school is have a snack LOL! So, why not give them yummy, healthy options like these delicious Yummy Chocolate Covered Bananas?
I’ve always loved the combination of bananas and chocolate, so this snack came together nicely! These Chocolate Covered Bananas were super easy to make and only called for a few simple ingredients that I picked up from Sprouts Farmers Market.
I love to stock up on my must-haves at my neighborhood Sprouts to keep my boys fueled and full all throughout the school year! Whether it’s fresh fruits and veggies, or other healthy snacks, I can always rely on Sprouts to have everything that I need.
To make these Yummy Chocolate Covered Bananas, simply peel and cut your bananas in half. Insert a popsicle stick into the cut end and lay the bananas on a piece of parchment paper. Freeze for at about 2 hours.
Next, melt some chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring in 20 second increments. Dip the frozen bananas, one at a time, into the melted chocolate and twirl to remove any excess.
Sprinkle on any toppings while the chocolate is still wet. Let the kids help with this part and top them with either nuts, coconut, or sprinkles! Place them on a piece of parchment paper and allow the chocolate to fully harden. Serve and enjoy!
They’ll be sure to enjoy this great after-school snack! Don’t forget to stock up on all of your fresh produce and healthy snacks for Back-to-school at Sprouts!
Yummy Chocolate Covered Bananas
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Chopped Nuts
- Shredded Coconut
- Peel the bananas and then slice them in half. Insert a popsicle stick into the cut end.
- Lay the bananas on a piece of parchment paper and freeze for at about 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring in 20 second increments.
- Dip the frozen bananas, one at a time, into the melted chocolate and twirl to remove any excess.
- Sprinkle on any toppings while the chocolate is still wet, and then place them on a piece of parchment paper and allow the chocolate to fully harden.