Brightly colored sprinkles and candies make these easy Easter Rice Krispies Treats disappear in a hurry. These treats are fun to make with the kiddies and they also make great Easter Basket stuffers!
Happy first day of April!! Easter is almost here which means that it’s time to start making those yummy Easter treats! Even though Easter is going to look a little bit different this year due to the social distancing rules, I’m determined to make it super fun and memorable for my kids!
In addition to making Easter baskets, and setting up an Easter Hunt in our backyard, I decided to let the kids help me make these easy Easter Rice Krispies Treats! In our home, we are HUGE fans of Rice Krispies Treats and we are always thinking of a way to make them extra special. For these treats, we added in a few spring-colored M&Ms, chocolate Easter eggs and lots of sprinkles!
How to make Easter Rice Krispies Treats:
Start by coating a 9×13 pan with a thin coat of softened butter. Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over low-med heat, or melt the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for about 3 about, until they are melted and creamy. Stir in the rice cereal until completely coated.
Next, stir in the candy and sprinkles and spoon your cereal mixture into the prepared pan. Spread butter or spray nonstick spray on your hands or a spatula and gently press the mixture down. Let the kids top the treats with a few more sprinkles, if desired, before placing them into the refrigerator. Let the Easter Rice Krispies Treats cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Once these treats were done, the kids literally devoured them! And I had a few myself! They were sooo good and definitely the perfect Easter Treat!
The Best Easter Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup spring-colored M&Ms
- ½ cup candy-coated chocolate eggs
- ¼ cup pastel sprinkles
- Coat a 9x13 pan with butter and set aside.
- Place the marshmallows and butter in a saucepan and heat until melted and creamy. If using the microwave, heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the cereal until completely coated. Stir in the candy and sprinkles, and spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Coat your hands, or spatula, with butter or nonstick baking spray and press the mixture down gently.
- Place the treats into the refrigerator and let them cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares. Store in a tightly sealed container.