You’ve heard of Meatloaf Monday and Taco Tuesday …. well, now eggs have their own day of the week … “WEGGSDAY.” And what better way to celebrate WEGGSDAY than with these Mini Ham, Egg, & Spinach Waffle Sliders!
Thank you, The Incredible Egg, for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
Since we’ve been spending more time at home, I’ve been getting really creative with mealtime as a way to add a little bit more excitement to our daily routine. And surprisingly, my kids have been very receptive to trying these new recipes—and giving their honest opinion if it doesn’t taste quite right lol!
The idea for these Mini Ham, Egg, & Spinach Waffle Sliders came to mind when my youngest son asked for waffles and eggs for dinner. He LOVES waffles and eggs, and will request both of them at almost every meal. As a Registered Dietitian, it makes me happy that he loves nutritious foods, such as eggs.
Most people may not realize this, but eggs provide important nutrients for children such as high-quality protein to support muscles, B vitamins and selenium to help keep the body healthy, and choline, which is important for the brain. Eggs are one of the only foods that naturally has vitamin D, which along with calcium, is critical for building strong bones. I love that I can quickly cook them in the microwave or a hot skillet—which is super important when you have a hungry toddler impatiently waiting to eat!
How to Make Waffle Sliders
These sliders were a cinch to make! I started by cooking my mini waffles in the toaster oven. Once those were done, I whisked my eggs and made an omelet in a large skillet. I set the eggs aside to cool while I sautéed my spinach. Once the eggs were slightly cool, I used the rim of a very small glass to cut out the perfect sized ‘egg-circles.’
I layered each waffle slider with ham, cheese, egg, and spinach. Yum!! And to hold these mini waffle sliders together, I placed a toothpick in the middle of each.
These Mini Ham, Egg, & Spinach Waffle Sliders were a HUGE hit and the perfect size for little hands! I prepared these for dinner, but you can definitely eat them for breakfast or lunch! You can even serve these cute little bites as appetizers for a small gathering!
In my opinion, these Mini Ham, Egg, & Spinach Waffle Sliders were the perfect way to celebrate WEGGSDAY!! How will you be celebrating WEGGSDAY?? Let me know in the comments below!
Click here for more WEGGSDAY inspiration!
Mini Ham, Egg, & Spinach Waffle Sliders
- 4 large EGGS
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 16 mini waffles toasted
- 8 slices deli ham
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese sliced into quarters
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Break eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat to med-high heat. Pour in eggs. Do not scramble. Cook eggs for about 3-4 minutes on each side until firm. Remove the large ‘egg patty’ from the skillet and set aside. Once egg has cooled, with a knife or the rim of a small glass, cut into 8 small circles.
- Add olive oil to the skillet and sauté spinach for 3 minutes, and season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Place 1 slice of ham on top of a toasted mini waffle, followed by a slice of cheese, 1 egg circle, and about 1 tablespoon of cooked spinach. Add the final mini waffle on top and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining waffles.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!