Memorial Day is just around the corner!! What’s on your menu?
Traditional southern favorites include delicious BBQ ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad and yummy desserts! Gosh, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it, LOL!! That all sounds great, but… what will the kids eat? Make this Memorial Day weekend the best one yet with these super fun Hawaiian Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Kabobs!
I don’t know about your kids, but mine LOVE to eat anything on a stick! These juicy kabobs are made with pineapples, chicken, and bell peppers. Don’t be afraid to let your kids try bell peppers. They’re rich in Vitamin C, E and A, and have a wide variety of B Vitamins that help give children lots of energy.
So, let’s grab the ingredients and get started! I recommend soaking your wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to prevent them from burning on the grill.
First, cut the chicken into cute little bites size pieces. Then, chop up your bell peppers. For this recipe, I used red, yellow, orange and green peppers. Once you’ve given your skewers a good soak, it’s time to assemble! This is the fun part. Let the kids help!
Once you get these beauties on the grill, it’s time to baste. My special basting sauce is definitely the star of the show! It’s made with soy sauce, pineapple juice, and ground ginger. Talk about extra flavor!
These Hawaiian Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Kabobs are sure to put a smile on the kid’s faces this Memorial Day! And yours too! I hope you have a great holiday. Enjoy!
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Kabobs
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into cubes
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into cubes
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, pineapple juice, and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Thread the chicken, pineapples, and peppers onto the skewers and baste them with sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place them on the grill. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, making sure to baste kabobs halfway through, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.