My boys are older now, but getting them to eat their veggies can still be quite challenging. I enjoy coming up with recipes that creatively ‘sneak’ in a few veggies here and there – just so I know they’re getting the nutrients they need. What are some of your favorite tips to get your children to eat their veggies? Let me know in the comments.
With this Fall Roasted Veggies with Cranberries recipe, I decided to use these delicious fall veggies – sweet potatoes, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and cranberries! I chose to add cranberries as a surprise sweet element to brighten up the dish, and it was amazing!
Did you know that cranberries are also called a superfood? That’s right! Just one cup of raw cranberries can give you all of these nutrients! Wow! Definitely could make a great snack for the kids
- 25% of vitamin C
- 9% of vitamin A
- 6% of vitamin K
- 2% of potassium
- 1% of iron and calcium
- 8% of vitamin E
- 16% of manganese
- 7% of copper
- 8% of B-complex vitamins
4 Awesome Cranberry Healthy Benefits
- They can help improve your eyesight.
- Help lower blood pressure.
- Protect against liver disease.
- Cranberries can help with gut health.
This Fall Roasted Veggies with Cranberries recipe is super easy to make. Start by heating your oven to 350 degrees F. Place the prepared veggies and dried cranberries on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, honey, and salt & pepper. Toss to coat and bake for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables have softened. Serve warm and enjoy!
I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as mine did. Let me know how you like it in the comments below.
Fall Roasted Veggies with Cranberries
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts sliced in half
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled & chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower sliced into small florets
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the prepared veggies and dried cranberries on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, honey, and salt & pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables have softened. Serve warm and enjoy!