This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseMazola #CollectiveBias
Did you know that September is National Cholesterol Awareness month??! Being a Registered Dietitian, my family’s health is very important to me, which is why I try to choose the best products when cooking, such as Mazola® Corn Oil. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.
I often use Mazola Corn Oil in my recipes to help keep our meals light and tasty! In addition to choosing the right products, I also like to make a few simple swaps to make our meals a little bit healthier!
For these Easy Turkey Burger Sliders with Sautéed Veggies, I used ground turkey instead of ground beef to help reduce the fat content, and I used wheat rolls instead of white rolls to help increase the fiber content. I also reduced the saturated fat and cholesterol content in this recipe by substituting my usual cooking oil with Mazola Corn Oil.
When sautéing my veggies, I was pleased to see that the Mazola Corn Oil performed well when cooking over high heat, which is one of the many things that I love about this oil. It has a smoke point higher than most cooking oils, at 450°F, and performs well in a variety of cooking applications, including stir-frying, sautéing, grilling and even baking.
This recipe was a big hit with my whole family and it took less than 30 minutes to prepare! The sautéed veggies gave this recipe so much flavor and it helped to add in a few extra nutrients! Lol! My kids didn’t even realize they were eating something that was actually better-for them! These Easy Turkey Burger Sliders with Sautéed Veggies will definitely be added to our weekly meal rotation!
Now tell me, how will you be celebrating National Cholesterol Awareness Month?? I would love to know in the comments below!
Easy Turkey Burger Sliders with Sautéed Veggies
- 3 tbsp Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 wheat rolls sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In large skillet, add 2 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil over medium heat; add onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for about 10 minutes or until veggies are tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Divide ground turkey into 8 equal small balls and shape into patties. Add 1 tablespoon of Mazola Corn Oil to the large skillet, on medium-high heat, and place patties in the skillet. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side, or until turkey burgers are thoroughly cooked throughout.
- Place patties on the bottom halves of rolls and top with the sautéed veggies. Replace bun tops and enjoy!