These Chewy Nutty Crispy Rice Granola Bars are the perfect after-school snack! They’re chewy, crunchy, and made with wholesome ingredients!
Thank you, Sprouts Farmers Market, for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
School is back in session, which means that it’s time to prepare for busy days and even busier nights! Even though this school year will look a lot different for most of us, there’s still one thing that will never change…which is our kids love for snacks!
My kids are HUGE fans of snack time. As a Registered Dietitian, I try to keep wholesome and nutritious snacks on hand to satisfy their hungry tummies. One of their favorite snacks is granola bars. And since they LOVE granola bars, I decided to make these Chewy Nutty Crispy Rice Granola Bars!
To make sure that we had everything that we needed, we headed to Sprouts Farmers Market to gather our ingredients! I love shopping at Sprouts because they have an incredible variety of products that are both healthy and kid-friendly! I always make sure that I stock up on several pantry-staple items, such as oats, peanut, butter, and cereal.
Tips for Making these No-Bake Rice Krispies Granola Bars
When measuring the honey and the peanut butter, be sure to spray your measuring cups with a little bit of cooking spray first. This will prevent your ingredients from sticking to the measuring cup.
Before adding in the chocolate chips, allow your granola mixture to cool slightly to prevent them from melting.
To keep your bars nice and fresh, refrigerate any leftover bars. It keeps them cool and prevents the chocolate from melting, especially during these hot summer months.
These Chewy Nutty Crispy Rice Granola Bars are the perfect after-school snack and they’re also great for a quick breakfast on-the-go. Give this recipe a try, and be sure to post a pic and tag @littleeatsandthings on social media!
Chewy Nutty Crispy Rice Granola Bars
- 2 cups Sprouts Rolled Quick Oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice cereal and oats.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the brown sugar and honey until just boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the walnuts and let cool slightly before adding the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish with a spatula, and press until it is evenly distributed.
- Place into the refrigerator to chill until firm.
- Slice bars into the desired size and serve.