This post has been sponsored by Prego®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Grilled cheese is seriously the king of all sandwiches! I mean, who could resist that toasty grilled bread and that ooey gooey cheesy middle! A perfect grilled cheese sandwich is a childhood staple that just brings me back! My mom would make them and serve them with a warm bowl of tomato soup for dipping! And that’s the way that I serve them to my kids.
Besides grilled cheese sandwiches, pizza is another family favorite in our home, so naturally I decided to marry the two and make this amazing Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich, made with Prego®+ Plant Protein! This fancy grilled cheese recipe takes on all our favorite flavors of pepperoni pizza, but is served between delicious, buttered grilled bread!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that the Prego®+ Plant Protein sauce is sold at Kroger. Whenever we shop there, I always head straight to the Italian sauce aisle and make sure that I grab a couple jars. I also love that Prego®+ Plant Protein contains 4g of plant-based protein per serving and still has the same great taste and texture of Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce.
Click HERE to Learn More!
How to make Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
This Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich was super easy to make and took less than 10 minutes. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or a quick meal. Start with a preheated pan and place your buttered bread in, butter-side down, and start layering the toppings. Be sure to keep the heat low enough so that the cheese gets all melty while the bread has a chance to get nice and golden without burning.
Once everything is nice and grilled, flip until the sandwich is golden on the other side and you’re ready to serve! Yum!!
This Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich was a huge hit with my kids! They loved how it combined 2 of their favorite foods and they also loved that crispy, cheesy perfection!
Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 slices 4 slices bread
- 4 tablespoons Prego®+ Plant Protein sauce
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 slice pepperoni
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of butter over each slice of bread and place 2 slices, butter-side down, in the pan. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon Prego®+ Plant Protein sauce and layer with cheese, 6 slices pepperoni, basil, and oregano. Spread an additional tablespoon of Prego®+ Plant Protein sauce on the unbuttered side of the remaining slices of bread, and top each sandwich, butter-side out.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side or just until golden.
- Serve & Enjoy!