Celebrate Earth Day with these fruity Berry Banana Avocado Earth Day Popsicles! They only require a few simple ingredients and can be made with the kids for a super fun activity!
Thank you, Sprouts Farmers Market, for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
I’m getting ready for Earth Day, are you? Although my kids are young, I feel that I should still share with them the importance of Earth Day, and talk to them about doing our part to take care of our natural resources. This year, I decided to make these delicious Berry Banana Avocado Earth Day Popsicles! Talk about a super fun and easy way to celebrate Earth Day! They taste amazing and have cute little elements of the Earth in the finished product! Super neat!
Luckily, Sprouts Farmers Market had everything I needed to create this fun and yummy dessert! I love shopping at Sprouts because they have the best selection of sustainable brands that are good for our planet. I also love how Sprouts is 100% committed to eliminating waste and fighting hunger in our communities through a “Zero Waste” goal, which is a 90 percent waste diversion rate as defined by the EPA. Did you know that in 2019 Sprouts repurposed more than 150 million pounds of food and other recyclables from our waste stream? That’s incredible!
These popsicles were made with a few simple ingredients, such as blueberries, blackberries, avocado, and banana. Sounds like an amazing combination, right? My boys loved watching these beautiful treats come together to make them look like our Earth. It was a super fun activity to help introduce the kids to the importance of this special day.
What can you do to help take care of the Earth?
You can start by recycling paper, glass bottles, and aluminum cans. Use reusable water bottles, instead of throwing away each bottle. Pick one night each week to make a vegetarian meal, instead of eating meat. And finally, pick up trash around your community or when you’re out. Doing these small gestures will make a big impact for Earth Day.
Join me and Sprouts in our efforts to take care of our planet. Let me know in the comments what you’re doing to make a difference at home.
Berry Banana Avocado Earth Day Popsicles
- 2 cups frozen blueberries & blackberries
- 2 cups Sprouts Sliced Frozen Avocados
- 1 banana
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk plus more if needed
- Place berries and 1 cup of vanilla almond milk in a blender. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Rinse out the blender. Place frozen avocados, banana, and 1 cup of vanilla almond milk in the blender and puree until smooth. Add more milk if texture is too thick.
- Layer the two flavors into the popsicle molds. Insert the popsicle sticks, if it does not stay in place use a piece of tape to hold them into place. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.